Friday, May 2, 2008

Muffin Muffin


It's longgggg holiday and I get stuck at home. I am amazeded how the weather changes swiftly from winter to spring. I want to go city-walk but better do that late afternoon. So my plan is to make something nice and quick out of loganberries I bought last nite from street vendor, 5 yuan for a small basket.

Muffin can be nicely paired up with a good cup of coffee. I wish I have an expresso machine to make a nice cup of my own. May be I stop by coffee house later.

Mmm... I have colorful muffin cup but decided to use perchment paper. It looks retro yet give the sense of homemade muffin.

Here is the recipe from Elise's website.

Mix these dry ingredients together

2 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt

Whisk these wet ingredients together

2 large eggs
1 cup sour cream ( I use yoghurt)
1 teaspoon milk
2/3 cup sugar
8 Tbsp warm melted butter (1 stick)
1 teaspoon vanilla


Set aside 11 oz of fresh blackberries

Once you put the dries with the wets, do not overwork or the batter forms gluten and you'll end up with rubbery/dense muffin. The batter should not be smooth though. Lightly flour berries and mix in the batter gently. Fill in 3/4 of muffin pan. On the middle rack, I bake at 180 for 30 min or until wooden tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean. I dont' think next time I need to grease the perchment paper as the batter is lubricated by a fair amout of butter.

Verdict: Moist, fluffy and butter-rich. This is a no fuzz recipe and a keeper.

Got to go for a hot cup of latte. bye!

No comments: