Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Mini Caramel chiffon

Okay, the plate is dirty. I didn't have time to clean up and arrange the setting while taking photo of this mini cake. The sunlight was about to move away from my window so I had to catch the moment. Okay.... enough excuses. :-)

I have something to confess. Once I started my first bite, I couldn't stop. I finished 3 of these mini cakes by the time the second batch was slid into the oven. I knew by then I needed to spend my eveing on the treadmill.

Of course not, I didn't have this alone. I gave some to my landlady who lives next door. Happiness is there to share.
Ingredients
(1)
1 cup (130 g) all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 tablespoon of baking powder
(2)
4 egg yolks
1/3 cups of sugar
(2.1)
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cups of vegetable oil
1/2 cups of milk
(3)
4 egg whites
1/4 tsp of lemonade (or sprinkle of creme of tartar)
1/4 cups of sugar
Hard Candy (Topping) : 1-1.5 cups of sugar
Grease rubber muffin mold.
Put 1-1.5 cups of sugar in the pan over low heat until it melts. When it becomes lightly brown, remove immediately from the heat. Pour into prepare rubber muffin mold. Set aside. It will harden , but no worries. Now , prepare cake chiffon batter.
(1) Sieve dry ingredient shown in (1) above.
(2) Beat egg yolks+sugar shown in (2) until creamy.
(2.1) In a separate bowl, mix in milk , vegetable oil and vanilla. Mix well into egg yolk mixture.
(3)Beat egg whites + lemonade until thicken. Beat in sugar untill stiff.
Mix one-third flour into egg yolk mixture. Do it gently , try your best not to deflate batter. Fold in 1/3 of egg white into batter. Repeat until done.
Pour batter into rubber muffin pan on top of hard candy. Bake 180 C around 20 minute.

5 comments:

pepsakoy said...

Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Oh boy....YUMMY!

Peabody said...

Looks delish.

Ingrid_3Bs said...

Looks DELISH, where do you live perhaps we're neighbors?
~ingrid

Nuntiya said...

Hi Ingrid, I currently live in Shanghai. I visit my hometown in Bangkok from time to time. You?